RE: [XSL-FO] How to set pages double-sided?

  • Bryan Rasmussen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
      printing double-sided is determined by printer settings as far as I'm aware,
      perhaps what you really want to know is how do you make
      alternating(even|odd) page layouts so that the front and back of a page will
      look right, i.e , make them mirror each other?

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
        Yes, that's a quick question but the answer isn't so quick. If you're
        writing your own xsls, then you'll need to learn enough about all the
        things xsl-fo lets you do with page sequences. If you're using someone
        elses xsls, then it may be a parameter. For example, Norm Walsh's xsls
        to transform docbook to xsl-fo offer you a parameter to make things come
        out ready for double sided printing.

        If it's the former, Dave Pawson has a nice introduction to xsl-fo that
        he's working on posted:
        http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/index.html

        For this issue, see especially,
        http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/ch05.html#pseqs
        http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/ch05.html

        Ken Holman has a book available and teaches classes on xsl-fo:
        http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/

        David