How to set pages double-sided?

  • Slighty_Disturbed
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
      Hey all,

      I have a quick question.

      How do you generate the pages created in fo to be double-sided?

    • Bryan Rasmussen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
        printing double-sided is determined by printer settings as far as I'm aware,
        perhaps what you really want to know is how do you make
        alternating(even|odd) page layouts so that the front and back of a page will
        look right, i.e , make them mirror each other?

        How do you generate the pages created in fo to be double-sided?

      • David Cramer
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
          Yes, that's a quick question but the answer isn't so quick. If you're
          writing your own xsls, then you'll need to learn enough about all the
          things xsl-fo lets you do with page sequences. If you're using someone
          elses xsls, then it may be a parameter. For example, Norm Walsh's xsls
          to transform docbook to xsl-fo offer you a parameter to make things come
          out ready for double sided printing.

          If it's the former, Dave Pawson has a nice introduction to xsl-fo that
          he's working on posted:
          http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/index.html

          For this issue, see especially,
          http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/ch05.html#pseqs
          http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/ch05.html

          Ken Holman has a book available and teaches classes on xsl-fo:
          http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/

          David