RE: [XSL-FO] EPS graphics and FO processors

  • Bryan Rasmussen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7 12:59 AM
      Sebastian Rahtz wrote

      >PassiveTeX groks whatever its underlying TeX (+driver) does.
      >I normally use PDF inclusion myself, and use pdftex. Just
      >as good as EPS

      I've never used PassiveTex, do you mean that one can make the output include
      a pdf file? I am on your site now looking around but hope you can clarify
      the statement above for a PassiveTex, pdftex, tex newbie :)
    • Sebastian Rahtz
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7 1:39 AM
        On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:59:47AM +0100, Bryan Rasmussen wrote:

        > I've never used PassiveTex, do you mean that one can make the output include
        > a pdf file? I am on your site now looking around but hope you can clarify
        > the statement above for a PassiveTex, pdftex, tex newbie :)

        yes, pdftex can include PDF files as graphics; ditto JPEG, TIFF and PNG.

        most modern TeX's come with a utility called epstopdf which
        makes a nice encapsulated PDF file from an EPS file.

        --
        Sebastian Rahtz OUCS Information Manager