RE: [XSL-FO] EPS graphics and FO processors

  • Max Dunn
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2002
      Message
      Have you gotten gradients to work with FOP/Batik?

      Max
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2002
        Message

        Have you gotten gradients to work with FOP/Batik?
        actually I haven't tried gradients inside FOP yet, but I have seen examples of gradient use in batik that worked fine so it shouldn't be a problem . remember that if you use svg inside an fo for FOP  use fo:instream-foreign-object
      • Bryan Rasmussen
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2002
          Sebastian Rahtz wrote

          >PassiveTeX groks whatever its underlying TeX (+driver) does.
          >I normally use PDF inclusion myself, and use pdftex. Just
          >as good as EPS

          I've never used PassiveTex, do you mean that one can make the output include
          a pdf file? I am on your site now looking around but hope you can clarify
          the statement above for a PassiveTex, pdftex, tex newbie :)
        • Sebastian Rahtz
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2002
            On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:59:47AM +0100, Bryan Rasmussen wrote:

            > I've never used PassiveTex, do you mean that one can make the output include
            > a pdf file? I am on your site now looking around but hope you can clarify
            > the statement above for a PassiveTex, pdftex, tex newbie :)

            yes, pdftex can include PDF files as graphics; ditto JPEG, TIFF and PNG.

            most modern TeX's come with a utility called epstopdf which
            makes a nice encapsulated PDF file from an EPS file.

            --
            Sebastian Rahtz OUCS Information Manager