Running Headers

  • Slighty_Disturbed
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm relatively new to XSL:FO so bare with me....

      I need to make a running header but the size of the information
      within the header will change. Is there a way to dynamically change
      the height of the header on individual pages so that the header
      information doesn't get cliped or lay on top of the content within
      the body?

      Thanks!

      Chris
    • frank_n_kathy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
        I am trying to create a running header using an fo:retrieve-marker
        element in the static-content region of my XSL, and an fo:marker in the
        flow region. However, I keep getting the following error message from
        FOP:
        [ERROR]:org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry

        Does FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?
        If it does, would someone please provide a simple example of its use.
        I've followed examples from both the Pawson and Holman books, but
        nothing seems to work.

        Any helpful advice appreciated!

        Regards,
        Frank
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
          frank_n_kathy wrote:
          > I am trying to create a running header using an fo:retrieve-marker
          > element in the static-content region of my XSL, and an fo:marker in the
          > flow region. However, I keep getting the following error message from
          > FOP:
          > [ERROR]:org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry

          What FOP release do you use?

          > Does FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?

          Yes, see http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
          Both the maintenance and the development release have gaps in the
          implementation of retrieve-position, the development release is much
          more complete.

          J.Pietschmann
        • Frank Bitetto
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2006
            Hello,

            I am using Fop-0.20.2. Does this version support using markers? If not, is it a simple upgrade from Apache. I see that there is a Fop-0.20.5 version.

            Thanks,
            Frank

            "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@...> wrote: frank_n_kathy wrote:
            > I am trying to create a running header using an fo:retrieve-marker
            > element in the static-content region of my XSL, and an fo:marker in the
            > flow region. However, I keep getting the following error message from
            > FOP:
            > [ERROR]:org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry

            What FOP release do you use?

            > Does FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?

            Yes, see http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
            Both the maintenance and the development release have gaps in the
            implementation of retrieve-position, the development release is much
            more complete.

            J.Pietschmann

            Xml xsl Xsl Xsl fo Xsl tutorial

          • J.Pietschmann
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2006
              Frank Bitetto wrote:
              > I am using Fop-0.20.2. Does this version support using markers?

              Yes, but there were some bugs. Upgrade either to the latest
              stable release (0.20.5), or the development code (0.9something).
              In either case prepare to do some changes to the FO code, check
              the FOP FAQ for a few common cases.

              J.Pietschmann