Limitations and tools

  • Sony Nugrahanto
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2002
      Hi all,

      I read XSL-FO specification and also examine some examples of XSL-FO rendered to PDF. I believe it is capable of producing a high quality documents (of course, a good renderer is required).
      1. As I do not know real-world 'publishing', can anyone tell me what is required in real-world publishing and these features are missing in XSL-FO ? (notes: Incomplete implementation of formatter is not a missing feature of XSL-FO).
      2. Apart from FOA, is there any XSL-FO authoring tools that can generate XSLT stylesheets automatically ? I tried VisualXLST and XSLByDemo but these two requires .Net Studio and Web Sphere Studio.

      Any comments are welcomed.

      Tx,
      Sony