Re: Running headers

  • richard-liu@datacomm.ch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      Nikolai,

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@r...> wrote:
      > > 2. According to the documentation, XEP doesn't support markers.
      Is there a
      > > workaround for running headers?
      >
      > No. And, to the best of my knowledge, there can be no workarounds:
      the contents
      > of the header is determined by the respective static-content,
      therefore all
      > occurrences of a page master will inevitably have the same side
      regions content.
      > Unless you make a separate page-sequence out of each division in
      your text, you
      > won't be able to switch the header. The best approximation possible
      so far can
      > be found in the XSL-FO tutorial inside XEP documentation; you can
      see that its
      > PDF version has chapter name cited in the header. But each chapter
      starts a new
      > page sequence, thus causing a page break.

      Actually, that's an acceptable workaround. In fact, that's what I
      had tried. But it was getting very late -- or rather, very early the
      next morning -- and I didn't notice that the header had been
      switched. For the sake of experiment I had just duplicated the first
      page-sequence and changed its headers. Unfortunately, the page-
      sequence alternated between odd- and even-numbered page masters, and
      I had neglected to change the header for the odd-numbered pages. So
      it remained the same as in the previous page-sequence, whence I
      erroneously concluded that something wasn't working.

      Regards,
      Richard