Last page rendering

  • Ciprian Stoica
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2002
      Hello all

      This site is really great http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/index.html Thanks Willem. It solved me a lot of problems.

      But I still have a problem. I use the following page sequence:

      <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="sequence">
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="first" page-position="first"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="rest" page-position="rest"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="last" page-position="last"/>
      </fo:page-sequence-master>

      First page is rendered properly but last page is rendered as a "rest" page not as "last" page.
      What's wrong? How can I make the last page to be rendered properly?

      Thanks in advance

    • Wessels, Erwin (ELS)
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2002
        Hi Ciprian,

        I'm not completely sure (haven't tested it), but appears, reading the spec, that the order in which you place the conditional-page-master-reference s is significant:
        "The sub-sequence of pages mapped to this sub-sequence-specifier satisfies the constraints of this sub-sequence-specifier if (a) the sub-sequence of pages consists of zero or more pages, (b) each page is generated using the fo:simple-page-master referenced by the one of the alternatives that are the children of the fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives, (c) the conditions on that alternative are true, (d) that alternative is the first alternative in the sequence of children for which all the conditions are true, and (e) the length of the sub-sequence is less than or equal to the value of maximum-repeats. "

        Point d summarizes this. This would mean that if you move your "last" line up before the "rest" line, it would work. But then again, I just did a quick scan of the specs and are not completely sure.

        Regards,

        Erwin

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2002
          Ok, great.

          Did you use master-reference="last" in your fo:page-sequence ?

          Willem

          --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Ciprian Stoica" <ciprian.stoica@m...> wrote:
          > Hello all
          >
          > This site is really great
          http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/index.html
          > Thanks Willem. It solved me a lot of problems.
          >
          > But I still have a problem. I use the following page sequence:
          >
          > <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="sequence">
          > <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
          > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="first"
          > page-position="first"/>
          > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="rest"
          > page-position="rest"/>
          > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="last"
          > page-position="last"/>
          > </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
          > </fo:page-sequence-master>
          >
          > First page is rendered properly but last page is rendered as
          a "rest" page
          > not as "last" page.
          > What's wrong? How can I make the last page to be rendered properly?
          >
          > Thanks in advance
          >
          > Cipris
          > www.memiq.com
        • Ciprian Stoica
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2002
            Hello all

            Willem, I'm not quite sure what you mean...
            The only page-sequence I use is this <fo:page-sequence
            master-name="sequence">
            And as I said before, "sequence" is defined like this:

            <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="sequence">
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="first"
            page-position="first"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="rest"
            page-position="rest"/> (l1)
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="last"
            page-position="last"/> (l2)
            </fo:page-sequence-master>

            Erwin, I put l1 line after l2 line as you said but the result was that all
            the pages were rendered as "last" page this time, except for the first.

            Geoffrey, I don't use RenderX but Fop 0.20.1

            Actually, in my document only the first page and the last one must contain a
            footer. That's why I need to know which is the last page.
            This is how the layout-master looks :

            <fo:layout-master-set>
            <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first">
            <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1.5cm"/>
            <fo:region-after region-name="footer" extent="1.5cm"/>
            </fo:simple-page-master>
            <fo:simple-page-master master-name="rest">
            <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm"/>
            </fo:simple-page-master>
            <fo:simple-page-master master-name="last">
            <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1.5cm"/>
            <fo:region-after region-name="footer" extent="1.5cm"/>
            </fo:simple-page-master>

            <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="sequence">
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="first"
            page-position="first"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="rest"
            page-position="rest"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-name="last"
            page-position="last"/>
            </fo:page-sequence-master>
            </fo:layout-master-set>

            <fo:page-sequence master-name="sequence">
            </fo:page-sequence>

            Now, if is not possible to find the last page, maybe you have another
            solution for displaying the footer only in the first and in the last page.

            Thanks again..

            Cipris
            www.memiq.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1 5:23 PM

              I'm also struggling with the page-position="last" for an
              fo:conditional-page-master-reference (Works fine for "first").

              I was wondering if anyone ever got it to work the way it's meant to,
              that is generating a different layout for your last page!

              Could it be related to the fact that the FO processor doesn't know if
              he's generating the last page??

              Bart.