XML and XSL, newbie needs advice

  • nickvansmack9
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2002
      Hi all. I'm a web designer (front end: photoshop, dreamweaver, etc)
      but wanted to go beyond those basic skills. I've done mostly static
      HTML sites, brochureware, but want to learn XML but haven't found any
      applications for it yet.

      How do I get started? Tools? Is it mostly on database backend work
      only? How do I get to use it?

      thanks and sorry for the basic questions.
    • Giannetti, Fabio
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2002
        Hi Nick,
        I think it worth it to have a look to a couple of application that I
        have made to help people to author XML+XSL documents without knowing in
        great details XSL-T and XSL itself.
        WH2FO a Word 2000 HTML output converter into XML+XSL:
        http://wh2fo.sourceforge.net

        FOA an XSL-T authoring tool to create XSL-FO documents from XML content:
        http://foa.sourceforge.net

        Both of them are open-source project and you can find documentation,
        examples, tutorials and there are users and support mailing lists.

        Hope this helps, Fabio