Re: table borders

  • m_g_0_1
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2002
      Well, that's what I thought I was getting from reading... .

      border-* on <table> implies nothing about the internal borders (the
      ones around the cells).

      This is definately the most flexible approach, but it also requires
      the most FO to describe. In cases where you want a grid-type table,
      many border-* attributes are required on many <table-cell>s to
      accomplish it.

      Seems a shame there isn't a more concise way to express a grid-like
      table.

      -Michael

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., Eric Smith <eric@a...> wrote:
      > According to m_g_0_1 on Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:47:12AM -0000:
      > > Sorry if this has been beaten to death; I searched and didn't
      see it.

      > > If one wants a table that looks like a grid (borders all the way
      > > around and borders dividing all cells, how does one specify the
      > > borders? Does border-* on the <fo:table> only affect the
      borders
      > > around the table? Do you need to specify individual cell
      borders?

      > > The 2 situations I'd like to know how to express are:
      > > 1) a grid-like table;
      > > 2) a table with borders around, but none inside (a box).
      > >
      > 1)
      > <xsl:for-each select="cell">
      > <!-- border-top-color="red" border-top-width="0.5pt"
      > border-top-style="solid"-->
      > <fo:table-cell padding="2pt"
      > border-bottom-color="olive" border-bottom-width="0.5pt"
      > border-bottom-style="solid"
      > border-left-color="olive" border-left-width="0.5pt"
      > border-left-style="solid"
      > border-right-color="olive" border-right-width="0.5pt"
      > border-right-style="solid"
      > >
      > <!-- colors: aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, olive,
      maroon,
      > navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow -->
      >
      > 2)
      > <fo:table break-before="page" border-color="blue"
      > border-width="5pt" border-style="solid">
      >
      > HTH
      > --
      > Eric Smith - currently using xalan and xsltproc - what a
      difference speed makes - and fop on linux