Re: FOP: how do I get my content to overflow onto a new page?

  • richard-liu@datacomm.ch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2001
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Pouliot, Brian R." <brpouliot@t...> wrote:
      > All the documentation I've found says that all content in the
      fo:region-body
      > will overflow onto a new page if there is not room for it on the
      first one.

      Have you specified that the page onto which you're flowing blocks is
      repeatable? That usually looks something like:

      <!--
      Odd-numbered pages use master A4-Portrait-Page-Odd,
      even-numbered ones use master A4-Portrait-Page-Even.
      -->
      <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="A4-Portrait">
      <!--
      "Repeatable" means to reuse the page masters in the block.
      "Alternatives" means a decision is made on which master to use.
      -->
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
      master-name="A4-Portrait-Page-Odd" odd-or-even="odd"/>
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
      master-name="A4-Portrait-Page-Even" odd-or-even="even"/>
      </fo:page-sequence-master>

      If you only want to repeat a single master, instead of choosing which
      of several masters to use every time a block overflows the current
      page, you could replace the fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives
      block with something like this:

      <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference
      master-name="A4-Portrait-Page-Odd"/>

      All this works in XEP. It should work in FOP, too, as it's a pretty
      basic part of the CR.