FO:table query!

  • imjnitin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
      Hi All!
      I am using xsl:fo for generating the output in pdf format.
      I am facing a problem. When the Information on the last row of the
      page is more than the fitable width, that row is divided into two.
      And that page as well as the subsequent page gets that row
      information. Which is bugging me. Coz' I want it to be intelligent
      enough to calculate the row height first and then decide which page
      it should render the information. If the row height is more than the
      available space to render that information, next page should be used
      to render it.
      Is there a way to do this using fo??

      I hope I made my query clear.

      I'll greatly appritiate, if anybody can share the workaround.

      TIA.
      Nitin Jain
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
        At 2002-02-04 12:49 +0000, imjnitin wrote:
        >When the Information on the last row of the
        >page is more than the fitable width, that row is divided into two.
        >And that page as well as the subsequent page gets that row
        >information. Which is bugging me. Coz' I want it to be intelligent
        >enough to calculate the row height first and then decide which page
        >it should render the information. If the row height is more than the
        >available space to render that information, next page should be used
        >to render it.
        >Is there a way to do this using fo??

        Have you tried using keep-together properties to keep all the information
        in a given table row or each table cell on the same page?

        --
        Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO - Feb 18-22, 2002

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
        ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
        XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
        articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
        Next public training: 02-02-11,12,14,15,18,21,03-04,05,06,08,11,
        - 04-08,09,10,12,05-14,15,06-04,07