Re: [XSL-FO] Keep with next and previous

  • Carmelo Montanez
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      Thanks John.

      Carmelo
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 3:11 PM
      Subject: RE: [XSL-FO] Keep with next and previous

      Here are a couple of real-life examples that I'm familiar with (mostly supported by XEP, not so much by FOP):

      keep-together.within-page="always" : I use this to force tables to not break pages.  We create output that uses tables for individuals name, address, contact info, etc., and each individual's information is in a separate table (there can be many).  The format that our customers have been using for years (RTF) was formatted as such, and our customers fees were determined by the number of printed pages, so it is imperitive that the presentation not change (if tables spanned pages, we could be short-changing ourselves).

      keep-with-next="always": kind of the same.  Attempted use as a work-around in table-rows for FOP because of the above limitation.  Also used in sections of the document where there is one header-type element followed by one paragraph-type element.

      HTH,
      John