Re: [XSL-FO] First line indent

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2001
      Pollington, Lee (ELSLON) wrote:

      > How do I indent the first line of a block, eg:
      >
      > This is a paragraph of text. This is a paragraph of text.
      > This is a paragraph of text. This is a paragraph of text.
      > This is a paragraph of text. This is a paragraph of text.
      >
      > Do I use a leader with space characters? I looked at the various indent
      > properties, but didn't see anything obvious.

      Have you tried text-indent?

      Regards,

      Nikolai Grigoriev
      RenderX
    • Dave Pawson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2001
        At 12:17 PM 1/30/01, you wrote:
        >How do I indent the first line of a block, eg:
        >
        > This is a paragraph of text. This is a paragraph of text.
        >This is a paragraph of text. This is a paragraph of text.
        >This is a paragraph of text. This is a paragraph of text.
        >
        >Do I use a leader with space characters? I looked at the various indent
        >properties, but didn't see anything obvious.

        Have a look at start-indent :-)

        There are examples in my print.html file in the faq.

        HTH DaveP
      • Pollington, Lee (ELSLON)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
          Thanks all. Sorry I should have told you which processor I am using: FOP
          0.16.

          I copied the example straight from "The Bible", but couldn't get it to work.
          The start-indent indented the whole block, but text-indent didn't indent the
          first line:

          <fo:block text-indent="5mm">My text</fo:block>

          I've checked the status document with FOP but there's nothing about it being
          unimplimented or buggy there.

          Lee