superscript / tables

  • Etwin van Krimpen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2001
      I have two questions:

      1. When I use superscript the baseline of the whole sentence shifts downwards. How can I prevent that?

      2. Is it possible to place a table always at the top or bottom of a page? And (external) graphics?

      Etwin
    • David Tolpin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2001
        > 1. When I use superscript the baseline of the whole sentence shifts
        downwards. How can I prevent that?

        Specify line-height-shift-adjustment="disregard-shifts" on the
        enclosing block.

        > 2. Is it possible to place a table always at the top or bottom of a page? And
        (external) graphics?

        For placing at the top of a page, use <fo:float flow="top">

        Flowing to bottom is not covered by current XSL FO Recommendation.

        David Tolpin
        RenderX
        http://www.renderx.com/
      • Olivier Collioud
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
          >> 2. Is it possible to place a table always at the top or bottom of a page? And
          (external) graphics?

          > Flowing to bottom is not covered by current XSL FO Recommendation.

          Is it possible to use footnote for this purpose ?
        • Etwin van Krimpen
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2001
            David,

            I tried baseline-shift nut the outcome is not as nice as it should be: there
            is a difference in lineheigth with other lines. By the way: if I use
            superscript with Fop I don't have the problem with baseline-shift. (I get
            other problems though ...)

            Regards, Etwin

          • dvd@renderx.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2001

              > David,
              >
              > I tried baseline-shift nut the outcome is not as nice as it should be: there
              > is a difference in lineheigth with other lines. By the way: if I use
              > superscript with Fop I don't have the problem with baseline-shift. (I get
              > other problems though ...)

              This is because there are different line stacking strategies and traits.
              In particular, attribute line-height-shift-adjustment controls whether
              shifts affect height-before and height-after, that is, line height.

              Set it to 'disregard-shifts' and you'll get FOP behavour. It is 'consider-shifts'
              by default.

              Sincerely,
              David Tolpin