Markers, running headers and FOP

  • Anders Svensson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001

      I am trying to create a running header that shows the current section
      number and section name for each section of a long document. I have put
      an fo:retrieve-marker element in the static-content region of the XSL,
      and an fo:marker in the flow region. However, I keep getting error
      messages from FOP, saying that either the content doesn't fit (when I
      use the code from the FOP example on markers included in the
      distribution) or the error message is [ERROR]:
      org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry

      Doesn't FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?
      (That seems strange since there is an example included in the
      distribution, though...)

      Any helpful advice appreciated!

      Regards,

      Anders Svensson
    • Etwin van Krimpen
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
        Anders,

        I don't have helpful advice on FOP. I ran into the same trouble trying to
        use running headers with FOP. At last I switched to XEP. XEP works, but is a
        commercial product.

        Success,

        Etwin

        > I am trying to create a running header that shows the current section
        > number and section name for each section of a long document. I have put
        > an fo:retrieve-marker element in the static-content region of the XSL,
        > and an fo:marker in the flow region. However, I keep getting error
        > messages from FOP, saying that either the content doesn't fit (when I
        > use the code from the FOP example on markers included in the
        > distribution) or the error message is [ERROR]:
        > org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer$RenderQueueEntry
        >
        > Doesn't FOP support this marker feature for creating running headers?
        > (That seems strange since there is an example included in the
        > distribution, though...)
        >
        > Any helpful advice appreciated!
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Anders Svensson

      • frank_n_kathy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006

          I managed to find your post describing the exact problem that I'm having
          with FOP, that is trying to create running headers using fo:marker and
          fo:retrieve-marker. Do you know if FOP does, indeed, support this
          feature, and if not, what the solution might be? Thanks for any feedback
          that you might provide.

          Frank

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Etwin van Krimpen" <evkrimpen@...>

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/