Using URLs in FOP servlets

  • taco101@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2001
      I have now successfully gotten the Apache FOP servlet modified so
      that it will transform an *.FO file into a PDF when the FO is from a
      URL (i.e. remote location). Unfortunately I couldn't get it to
      accept the String output from my JavaBean that parses XML and XSL.
      It seems like it doesn't get the whole string. I haven't figured
      that out, so I am now trying to make it take URLs for XML and XSL
      docs so I can just have the FOP stuff do both the parsing and the
      transforming to get a final PDF. Can anyone help me? Are there any
      API docs for the org.apache.fop.apps.Driver and
      org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler classes? Those seem to be my
      hang up cause I can only seem to feed them files....

      Thanks in advance.