Re: [XSL-FO] tranparency problems

  • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2001
      In a message dated 12/11/01 12:21:55 GMT Standard Time, odo@... writes:

      I have some problems with transparent gifs using fo. Take simple example
      from examples\fo\iamges.fo - there's "A transparent GIF image in FOP" area -
      well, if I change block's backgroud to some color then although pdf looks ok
      the actual printout displays the gif with white background instead of the
      blocks background.
      <fo:block background-color="#FF00FF">
         <fo:external-graphic
      src="file:../../graphics/xml_feather_transparent.gif"/>
       </fo:block>

      any solutions to this? thanx in advance!

      I have put an XSL-FO including an SVG image with partial transparency online.
      http://www.xsl-fo.com/XSL-FOwithTranspSVG.fo

      You might also want to see how SVG transparency is handled in the PDF.

      I would interested to know what you or others on list see online with AntennaHouse Formatter or X-Smiles.

      You may need to download an SVG viewer e.g. from www.adobe.com/svg/

      Andrew Watt