      From: Griffin Caprio [mailto:griffincaprio@...]
      Sent: 1. oktober 2001 17:18
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] Creating Word-document ?

      >On Monday 01 October 2001 00:40, becereus@... wrote:
      > > Does there exist something like the FOP parser
      > > but then for creating Word-documents
      > > (or text-documents with pictures ? )
      >
      >jfor (www.jfor.org), an Open-Source XSL-FO to RTF converter, generates RTF
      >documents for Word, including pictures.
      More than likly, you are not going to find something to output .doc files.
      The reason being is that the PDF format is open, the RTF spec is open, but
      the DOC spec is far from it. It is the same problem that open source
      projects have when trying to read and/or convert DOC files in their
      programs. It's mostly guesswork. Some more research will have to be done
      in mapping out the DOC format before it becomes fesible to create DOC's. Or
      MS will have to open the format. Either way, your quickest solution for
      right now is RTF output, like the processor above.

      Griffin