7264Re: [XSL-FO] Spanning rows but not always keeping together

    Oct 2, 2006
      At 2006-10-02 12:13 +0000, Carolyn wrote:
      >I need to be span rows but depending on the amount of information, I
      >don't always want to use keep-together.within-page="always".
      >Occationally, the amount of information or number of rows being
      >spanned will not fit on a page.
      >
      >What's the best way to tell the FO that if the complete block doesn't
      >fit at the bottom of the page to move it to the next but if it doesn't
      >fit completely on any page to break it?

      Use a numeric value for the keep strength,
      instead of using "always". By saying "always"
      you are requesting the behaviour of throwing out
      what doesn't fit. But by using a numeric value,
      the processor is allowed to break the keep and still flow all of the content.

      >I'm using AntennaHouse V4 to render my file.

      I'm pleased that Antenna House implements numeric
      keep strength as I use it periodically in my
      work. Not all processors support numeric values.

      --
      UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
      UBL International 2006 2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com