      From: virgul4u [mailto:virgul4u@...]
      Sent: 25 August 2006 08:31
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [XSL-FO] Re: Cannot create xml file for add Font to FOP-0.20.5

      Hi Ken,

      Thanks a lot for your answer.

      But what I don't understand is that you use the version 0.90 beta for
      make your file? Why?

      I have download this package (0.90) and try to run your bat file but
      that send me another error :

      org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader

      and he don't find PFMReader, too.

      Result: no xml file is generate...

      I never have use this version before.The only thinge that I have done
      is unzip the 0.90 version in one folder? Do I have forget to do
      somethings?

      I have the jdk 1.4 installed on my PC so I have try to download: "fop- 0.92beta-bin-jdk1.4.zip" is it right?

      Thanks

      Thierry

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Sands" <kensands@...> wrote:

      > Maybe try a full path for output of your xml file?
      >
      > The following I have in a bat file (obviously this is for PFM fonts
      but the same should apply for TTF), it's what I use for creating my
      fonts:

      > rem %~dp0 is the expanded pathname of the current script under NT set
      > LOCAL_FOP_HOME= if "%OS%"=="Windows_NT" set LOCAL_FOP_HOME=%~dp0
      > set LIBDIR=%LOCAL_FOP_HOME%lib
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCAL_FOP_HOME%build\fop.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\xml-apis.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\xalan-2.4.1.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\batik.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\avalon-framework-cvs-
      20020806.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\jimi-1.0.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\jai_core.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\jai_codec.jar
      > set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\commons-logging-
      1.0.4.jar

      > java -cp "../fop-0.90alpha1/build/fop.jar;../fop-
      0.90alpha1/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;../fop-
      0.90alpha1/lib/commons-io-1.1.jar;../fop-0.90alpha1/lib/avalon-
      framework.jar;../fop-0.90alpha1/build/lib/xml-apis.jar;../fop-
      0.90alpha1/lib/xercesImpl.jar;../fop-0.90alpha1/lib/xalan.jar"
      org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader c:\fog41\ARIAN___.PFM c:\fog41 \ARIAN___.xml

      > Hope that helps,
      >
      > Ken.

      (Syntaxe du nom de fichier, de rÚpertoire
      > ou de volume
      > incorrecte)
      > at

      org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultCont
      > entHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:263)
      > at
      > org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform
      (Transf
      > ormerIdentityImpl.java:296)
      > at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.writeFontXML
      > (TTFReader.java:243)
      > at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main
      > (TTFReader.java:196)
      > Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:\C:\FOP\fop-0.20.5
      \OCRB.xml (Synt axe du nom de fichier, de rÚpertoire ou de volume
      incorrecte)
      > at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
      > at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
      > at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
      > at

      org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultCont
      > entHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:253)
      > ... 3 more
      > ---------
      > java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:\C:\FOP\fop-0.20.5\OCRB.xml
      > (Syntaxe du nom
      > de fichier, de rÚpertoire ou de volume incorrecte)
      > at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
      > at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
      > at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
      > at

      org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultCont
      > entHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:253)
      > at
      > org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform
      (Transf
      > ormerIdentityImpl.java:296)
      > at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.writeFontXML
      > (TTFReader.java:243)
      > at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main
      > (TTFReader.java:196)
      > This font contains no embedding license restrictions
      >

      > Have you any idea about what is the problem?
      >
      > Thanks a lot for your help.
      >
      > Thierry
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > --
      >
      > Scanned by mailCritical.
      > --
      >
      > The DSI Group of Companies
      > International House, Barlow Way,
      > Fairview Industrial Park., Rainham, Essex, RM13 8EW, UK
      > Tel: +44 (0) 1708 523 000
      > Fax: +44 (0) 1708 524 000
      > Email: enquiries@...

      **
      > This message and any attachments is intended only for the
      individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain
      information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from
      disclosure or unauthorised use. If the recipient of the transmission
      is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
      for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you are
      hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
      dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
      publication of this email message or it's attachments other than by
      its intended recipients is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you
      have received it in error, please notify us immediately by telephone
      on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in your
      possession.

      **

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      --