7237Re: How much space FO code would take

  • arianhojat2000
    Aug 18, 2006
      not sure what u want to do when its going to go over 1 line... but u
      can check for that if you use a monospace font-family
      (font-family="monospace")on that fo:block since all characters are the
      same width.
      so you make the pdf, count up how many chars (including spaces etc)
      fit in one line.

      then set up a condition in your xsl, pretend only 200 chars fit in 1 line.

      <xsl:variable name="maxLength">200</xsl:variable>

      <xsl:variable name="theNodesTextValue" select="thisNode/text()"/>
      <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="string-length($theNodesTextValue) > $maxLength">
      //make the font size on this row smaller? or only output 1st 200
      letters? not sure what consistancy you want.
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
      //write out the row
      </xsl:otherwise>