7007Re: [XSL-FO] good resolution image background ?

  • Romain.Faraut@lodh.com
    Dec 7, 2005
      thanks a lot for the explanation...
      In fact yet I've been tweeking FOP code just to perform the task the way
      I'd like it to be, and it works :-)

      Cheers, r0main

      "Eliot Kimber"
      Sent by: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com

      07.12.2005 12:27
      Please respond to

      Romain.Faraut@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      > In XSL-FO I'd like to have a JPG image background and on top of it some
      > Text written. My JPG image is pretty huge so when downsized to the

      FO 1 doesn't provide any control for scaling background images, so you
      either need an extension or you have to separately size your image so
      that it is the correct size. I'm not graphics expert, but I think the
      best way to ensure the DPI you want is to set the image size and DPI at
      the same time, rather than relying on scaling by the FO processor.

      To get more control you can use block containers to overlay text and
      graphics. This requires that your FO engine supports
      absolutely-positioned block containers.

      To do this, you use an outer block container to contain two inner
      containers that are both absolutely positioned within the outer container:

      <fo:block-container block-progression-dimension="4in"
      <fo:block-container absolute-position="absolute"
      left="0" top="0">
      <!-- graphic goes here -->
      <fo:block-container absolute-position="absolute"
      left="0" top="0">
      <!-- text goes here -->

      I don't know if FOP supports this use of block-container. XEP and XSL
      Formatter certainly do.

      W. Eliot Kimber
      Professional Services
      Innodata Isogen
      9390 Research Blvd, #410
      Austin, TX 78759
      (512) 372-8841

      Visit your group "XSL-FO" on the web.

      This message is intended only for use by the person
      to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
      that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
      not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard
      Odier Darier Hentsch Group and any of its affiliates.
      If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
      kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
      message. Thank You.