6945XML markup being output during XSL transformation

  • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
    Nov 17, 2005
      I'm wondering why in this example, that the XML markup gets rendred
      along with the actual value of the tag? I'm assuming that it's because
      of the "copy-of" ? I've included a snippet of code to show you what I
      mean.

      I'm also using:
      MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0
      MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0

      I'm getting no error and things are working correctly in regards to the
      parameters passed.

      -- Code --

      [XML]
      <responseTitle>
      <txt xml:lang="en">English title:</txt>
      <txt xml:lang="fr">French title :</txt>
      </responseTitle>

      <ministerResponse>
      <txt xml:lang="en">English text</txt>
      <txt xml:lang="fr">French text</txt>

      </ministerResponse>

      [XSL]
      <fo:block padding-after="16pt">
      <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
      <xsl:value-of
      select="document($titlePath)/root/responseTitle/txt[lang($language)]"/>
      </fo:inline>
      <xsl:copy-of
      select="info/ministerResponse/txt[lang($language)]"/>
      </fo:block>

      [Render] (notice xml tag markup that gets output)
      <fo:block padding-after="16pt">
      <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
      English Title:
      </fo:inline>