6687Re: [XSL-FO] Re: alternate blank pages

    Jul 31, 2005
      To print on only ever other page, create a page sequence alternating
      between a page geometry with a flow (that accepts your content) and a page
      geometry without a flow (so that only static content is drawn). The
      formatter will render the page with only static content and then go to the
      "next" page geometry that will have your flow.

      I've done this to create "Notes" pages by using static content of multiple
      horizontal rules with which to make lines for someone making notes. The
      formatter renders the page and then just continues the flow on the next.

      It is not possible in XSL-FO to exclude page numbers from the page sequence.

      Since your verso pages are blank and do not have any static content, and
      you don't want them included in your page count, I suggest that you render
      all of your pages in order without blanks and you use another tool with
      which to insert the blank pages. The free iText tool http://itext.sf.net
      is what I use to manipulate PDF pages that I create from XSL-FO
      engines. Since I don't know Java I use Python and Jython to call the PDF
      library and I create new PDF files with desired features using PDF files
      created by XSL-FO engines as inputs.

      I hope this helps.