6022page-number-citation and external documents

  • Susan
    Dec 1, 2004
      I'm sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but I've looked everywhere and still
      don't get it. I'm using XEP 4.0, and using <xsl:document> to create
      multiple PDF documents from one xml source document. In the Table of
      Contents, the links to external documents work correctly, but the TOC
      doesn't show any page numbers to the external documents, only "?". My
      stylesheet looks like:

      <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:document href="TOC.fo">
      <xsl:processing-instruction
      name="xep-pdf-drop-unused-destinations">false</xsl:processing-instruction>
      <xsl:for-each select=".//group[@id='volume1']//div[@type='section']">
      <fo:block text-align-last="justify"
      id="divtoc.{generate-id(.//note[@type='divLabel'])}">
      <fo:basic-link
      external-destination="url('file:volume1.pdf#divlabel.{generate-id(.//note[@t
      ype='divLabel'=current()])}')">
      <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
      <xsl:apply-templates select=".//note[@type='divLabel']"
      mode="toc"/>
      </fo:inline>
      <fo:leader leader-pattern="dots"/>
      <fo:page-number-citation
      ref-id="url('file:volume1.pdf#divlabel.{generate-id(.//note[@type='divLabel'
      =current()])}')"/>
      </fo:basic-link>
      </xsl:document>
      <xsl:document href="volume1.fo">

      Is it possible to create a TOC with page numbers in external documents?
      If so, what's the correct way to use fo:page-number-citation here? I've
      looked for this forever and would appreciate any help or suggested
      reference.
      Thank you,
      Susan