5975Re: [XSL-FO] Send out an attribute value within fop

    Nov 8, 2004
      mwatson1647 wrote:

      > I have created a formatting object (.fo) without using xsl, and have
      > added an additional class to FOP within fo/expr to convert a number
      > to an i,ii,iii,iv,etc. format. I'm trying to use this in a table of
      > contents to list i,ii,etc pages, and want to send the numeric page
      > number from the page-number-citation and get back the page number
      > formated in the i,ii format. The problem is I don't know how to
      > excercise the function. I don't know how to send the value out (e.g.
      > if it's called within an attribute), and how to get the page-number-
      > citation within the function as it's parameter. I wanted to use
      > something like the <xsl:value-of or <xsl:eval, but I'm within the
      > finished .fo, not an xsl stylesheet.

      First of all, it is not possible to send values from XSL-Fo back to XSLT, the
      XSL-FO is processed after XSLT has finished.

      Secondly, although you dont actually state what you are trying to achieve it
      sounds like you just want all your page numbers to appear in roman numerals.
      You dont need to change the source of FOP to do that. This is easily achieved
      using the format attribute on page-sequence, e.g.

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="a4" format="i">

      should give you what you want.