583Re: [XSL-FO] Re: [xsl] Library functions

  • Sebastian Rahtz
    Aug 8, 2001
      Nikolai Grigoriev writes:
      > content-width="max(2in, 50%)"
      >
      > Width of an image should be 2 inches or 50% of the parent reference
      > area width, whichever is greater. The width of an area is calculated
      > during formatting, and depends on page width; you cannot get it in XSLT.

      why cant you work it out from first principles in the XSLT, since you
      know the page width, and all subsequent dimensions?

      > padding="1em + 3pt"
      >
      > Padding is equal to the current font size, plus 3 points. While
      > it is possible to calculate the font size in a given point in
      > XSLT, it is hardly worth doing: you have to cope with
      > inheritance.
      ah yes, there is that....

      I would find it hard to see why a designer would issue a spec like
      that, but no matter.

      Sebastian
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic