      From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 9:53 AM
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [XSL-FO] chapter numbering

      At 2004-08-24 09:34 -0400, Norma Yeazell wrote:
      >This is a follow-up to my earlier question. I have the chapters
      >numbering correctly now, but would like the page numbers to restart
      with
      >each dmodule within the chapter. I assume I need a new page sequence to
      >accomplish this but I do not understand how to make this work. If I
      >repeat the sequence I get the entire document again.
      >
      >When I started this we were just printing one dmodule at a time and
      >everything worked fine but we have added the wrapper tags pm and
      chapter
      >to put the book together.
      >
      >My xml would look like:
      >
      ><pm>
      ><chapter>
      ><dmodule> content A</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content A</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content A</dmodule>
      ></chapter>
      ><chapter>
      ><dmodule> content B</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content B</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content B</dmodule>
      ></chapter>
      ></pm>

      Your stylesheet would be better structured like:

      <xsl:template match="pm">
      <!--do root stuff-->
      <fo:root>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      </fo:layout-master-set>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="chapter"/>
      </fo:root>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="chapter">
      <!--do chapter stuff-->
      <xsl:apply-templates select="dmodule"/>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="dmodule">
      <!--do module stuff-->
      <fo:page-sequence initial-page-number="1" ...>
      <!--do module content-->
      </fo:page-sequence>
      </xsl:template>

      ><xsl:template match="/">

      Your code appears to be trying to do *everything* inside of the
      processing
      of the root node ... my gut feel is that a modular approach will solve
      your
      problems.

      I hope this helps.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Confidentiality Notice
      The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic