5715RE: [XSL-FO] chapter numbering

    Aug 24, 2004
      At 2004-08-24 09:34 -0400, Norma Yeazell wrote:
      >This is a follow-up to my earlier question. I have the chapters
      >numbering correctly now, but would like the page numbers to restart with
      >each dmodule within the chapter. I assume I need a new page sequence to
      >accomplish this but I do not understand how to make this work. If I
      >repeat the sequence I get the entire document again.
      >
      >When I started this we were just printing one dmodule at a time and
      >everything worked fine but we have added the wrapper tags pm and chapter
      >to put the book together.
      >
      >My xml would look like:
      >
      ><pm>
      ><chapter>
      ><dmodule> content A</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content A</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content A</dmodule>
      ></chapter>
      ><chapter>
      ><dmodule> content B</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content B</dmodule>
      ><dmodule> content B</dmodule>
      ></chapter>
      ></pm>

      Your stylesheet would be better structured like:

      <xsl:template match="pm">
      <!--do root stuff-->
      <fo:root>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      </fo:layout-master-set>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="chapter"/>
      </fo:root>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="chapter">
      <!--do chapter stuff-->
      <xsl:apply-templates select="dmodule"/>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="dmodule">
      <!--do module stuff-->
      <fo:page-sequence initial-page-number="1" ...>
      <!--do module content-->
      </fo:page-sequence>
      </xsl:template>

      ><xsl:template match="/">

      Your code appears to be trying to do *everything* inside of the processing
      of the root node ... my gut feel is that a modular approach will solve your
      problems.

      I hope this helps.