5486Re: [XSL-FO] Problems after Deployment to UNIX

    May 4, 2004
      gavaroo_99 wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I am using fop 0.2.05,JDK 1.4, Tomcat 4 and Apache. I'm embedding the
      > use of FOP in a servlet. I develop on a NT but when I deploy to UNIX.
      > I get the following error(only sending relevant stack trace):
      >
      > java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server
      > using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
      > at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
      > at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>
      > (X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:125)

      This error is caused by fact Unix is running on a terminal display with no X
      windows service. FOP requires the use of Java's Graphical classes, which in
      turn require an X windows service.

      <snip/>

      > Within the initialization of the servlet I've tried 2 approaches:
      > 1) Setting System.setProperty("java.awt.headless", "true");

      I believe this property only works on Java 1.4 and above.

      <snip/>