5042RE: [XSL-FO] Re: How to change the page from portrait to landscape when encountering table?

    Mar 11, 2004
      At 2004-03-11 16:35 +0200, Victor Vishnyakov wrote:
      >Split your page-sequence within landscape table into three
      >page-sequences: content before table in portrait layout; table itself in
      >landscape; content after table in portrait; during the transformation.
      >It does no matter to the user whether his page is printed within three
      >or one page-sequences or not if it is layouted as required.
      >
      >As far as I understand this is one of tasks Mr.Holman's PSMI does.

      Indeed the PSMI does do this, but generically. That makes the
      transformation task much easier, as the only restriction is that the
      landscaped table be at the top of the flow (otherwise, how would one break
      a nested block-level construct?).

      When using PSMI the user's stylesheet can detect the need for a landscaped
      table, inject a PSMI arbitrarily at the top of the flow, then continue on
      with the flow. The second stage stylesheet does the break-up of the page
      sequence into three page sequences.

      --
      US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
      World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training