5011Re: [XSL-FO] FOP font embed, configuration question

  • Mark Ivs
    Mar 3, 2004
      Chirs,
      Again, thanks for response.
      Now I see what the problem is. Earlier I was under the
      assumption that
      there are two ways to embed font.
      1. Using the options class.
      options = new Options(userConfigFile);
      2. Using Configuration.put

      That's why I was confused. Anyway, now it works fine.
      Since I have arialuni.xml, arialuni.ttf and
      userconfig.xml in the same directory, I didn't even
      have to set the baseDir and fontBaseDir using
      Configuration.put

      I do not have any bold or italic. So I didn't add the
      font triplet for those.

      Yes, I will register at fop mailing list.

      Once again, thanks for your help.

      -M

      --- Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...> wrote:
      > Mark Ivs wrote:
      >
      > <snip/>
      >
      > > But I get an error in the console saying "Unknown
      > font
      > > ArialUnicodeMS". I have arialuni.xml, arialuni.ttf
      > and
      > > userconfig.xml in the foptest directory.
      >
      > A couple of possibilities:
      > 1) FOP isnt finding your user config xml file as you
      > suggest below.
      > 2) You have specified font-weight="bold" somewhere
      > in your FO. The Font
      > triplet you have defined above is for normal weight
      > glyphs only. Could
      > you Copy and paste the precise error message, as it
      > will say whether it
      > was looking for bold/italic, etc.
      >

      > > I am not sure where I am going wrong. Another
      > thing I
      > > wasn't sure was, no where in the code I tell fop
      > > look for userconfig.xml file. Dose fop
      > automatically
      > > look for that file in the baseDir ?
      >
      > You need to do something like:
      >
      > userConfigFile = new
      > File("c:\home\foptest\userconfig.xml");
      > options = new Options(userConfigFile);
      >
      > I thought I saw you doing this in the code snippet
      > you provided.
      >
      > BTW: It is best to ask FOP specific questions on the
      > FOP user list
      > rather than the more generic XSL-FO list. Sign up
      > here:
      >
      > http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html#fop-user
      >
      > <snip/>
      >
      > Chris