5010Re: [XSL-FO] FOP font embed, configuration question

    Mar 3, 2004
      Mark Ivs wrote:

      <snip/>

      > But I get an error in the console saying "Unknown font
      > ArialUnicodeMS". I have arialuni.xml, arialuni.ttf and
      > userconfig.xml in the foptest directory.

      A couple of possibilities:
      1) FOP isnt finding your user config xml file as you suggest below.
      2) You have specified font-weight="bold" somewhere in your FO. The Font
      triplet you have defined above is for normal weight glyphs only. Could
      you Copy and paste the precise error message, as it will say whether it
      was looking for bold/italic, etc.

      > I am not sure where I am going wrong. Another thing I
      > wasn't sure was, no where in the code I tell fop to
      > look for userconfig.xml file. Dose fop automatically
      > look for that file in the baseDir ?

      You need to do something like:

      userConfigFile = new File("c:\home\foptest\userconfig.xml");
      options = new Options(userConfigFile);

      I thought I saw you doing this in the code snippet you provided.

      BTW: It is best to ask FOP specific questions on the FOP user list
      rather than the more generic XSL-FO list. Sign up here:

      http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html#fop-user

      <snip/>