4722Re: RE : [XSL-FO] Re: apache fop not rendering pdf. goes into endless loop

  • David Tolpin
    Jan 1, 2004
      > I do agree. We tried XEP and XSL Formatter, and for hard work, we use
      > XSL formatter.
      > For some books, over 400 pages, even 1.5 gig of memory was not enough
      > for XEP, and XSL formatter did it in 800 Megs.
      > We kept XEP for multiplatform, relatively light composition.
      >
      > Hope that helps
      > Christian

      Overall, XSL Formatter V2.* requires more memory than XEP. XSL FO Recommendation is
      formatted with RenderX XEP with -Xmx set too 200m, that is, 200 Megabytes, and it
      is more than 400 pages long.

      My guess is that you simply didn't change the default settings of Java Virtual Machine,
      which limits the heap size to 64 Megabytes, as it is described in almost every Java
      related FAQ. 1.5 gig is for 3000 pages long document at least.

      While the design can and should be changed towards less than linear memory requirements,
      the current implementation of RenderX XEP is usable for any practical formatting tasks.

      Sincerely,
      David Tolpin
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic