3703Re: Page numbering for blank back

  • kathy_rainbolt
    Jun 30, 2003
      The problem is more complicated than that. In the specifications
      for military technical publications, the requirement is as follows:

      Blank pages. A blank page shall be assigned a number, but it shall
      appear on the preceding or following page. For example, if page 10
      of a document is blank, page 9 shall have the number 9/10 blank; or
      if page 9 of a document is blank, page 10 shall have the number 9
      blank/10.

      In other words, the blank page does not have a page number -- the
      page number appears on the side of the page that DOES have contents
      and the indication must be that the other side of the page would
      have the appropriate page number and it is blank.

      Is this possible in FO?

      Kathy

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, PRAVEEN SAM <sampraveen@y...> wrote:
      > Not sure if I understand your question correctly -
      > Do you want a page number to appear as 1/2 where the
      > second page is a blank ??
      >
      > If so you can try using page-number-citation ref-id
      > and define the id "in" the blank page and the page
      > numbering will pick up as 1/2 where 2 would the last
      > page(in this case blank)
      >
      > Page (<fo:page-number /> ) of
      > <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="theend"/>
      >
      > and you define "theend" in the blank page
      >
      > <fo:block id="theend"/>
      >
      > Hope this helps ...
      >
      > Cheers
      >

      > --- kathy_rainbolt <rainbolt@p...> wrote:
      > > Is there any way to create page numbering in the
      > > style such that the
      > > page number for a blank back is indicated on the
      > > front (ex. Page 1/2
      > > blank)?
      > > Thanks,
      > > Kathy