367XEP & Unicode fonts

  • Patrik Beno
    May 7, 2001
      Hello.

      We are evaluating XEP 2.21.

      I have one question regarding their chess example:

      How did they get chess characters into PDF ?

      - I know where they are placed in Unicode
      - I have unicode font which has them (Miscellaneous symbols) but only
      True Type
      - I can't find the way to convert TTF into PFB/PFA/AFM

      I used ttf2pt1, ttfps, but it seems that only 255 characters are
      converted. Does it mean PFB format support only 8 bit indexes (only
      255 chars) ??

      Please help -- do you know how they did that ?

      Thanks a lot.

      +--- ---+
      patrik.beno@{qbizm.com|inmail.sk} ICQ#98931498
      +- -+
      Patrik Beno Qbizm Technologies, Inc.
      analyst / developer ... the art of Internet.
      Kralovopolska 139 tel: +420 5 4124 2414
      601 12 Brno, CZ http://www.qbizm.com fax: +420 5 4121 2696