3561RE: [XSL-FO] Getting special characters in FO

  • Geurt Lagemaat
    Jun 2, 2003
      Harm,

      > My first action was to look for a font that did support this
      characters
      > (Arial) and put that as second one in the font-family like:
      > font-family="Avenir, Arial"

      I had the same problem sometime ago. I think you're problem is the
      Avenir font. Open the charmap utility if you have this font installed on
      a MS Windows machine. Find the U+2264 and U+2265 positions. You will see
      a dot to illustrate that there is no glyph available for this position.
      The problem you described happens when a font lists the positions (in
      you're case U+2264 and U+2265) but does not provide a glyph for these
      characters. This will cause the XSL FO formatter to "think" that the
      font is providing a glyph when it is not. The result is that XEP does
      not switch to the Arial font and use the proper glyph from the Arial
      font.

      Regards,

      Geurt Lagemaat
      Oriana Automatisering