2827Re: [XSL-FO] Re: subscript and superscript both

  • Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com
    Jan 31, 2003
      Seems like MathML may solve your problem in a clean way because it allows
      you to define more complex mathematical formula's. And AntennaHouse does
      support MathML embedded in XSL-FO as far as I understand, altough I didn't
      use it yet.

      Otherwise you could try to create a table and use cell spanning to arrange
      the characters properly.

      Best regards,
      -----
      Klaas Bals - Project Leader & Technical Designer
      Inventive Designers
      Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
      Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
      Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
      Email: Klaas_Bals@...

      "narinder_g
      <narinder_g@ya To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      hoo.com>" cc:
      <narinder_g Subject: [XSL-FO] Re: subscript and superscript both

      31/01/2003
      14:38
      Please respond
      to XSL-FO

      Hi
      The examples do not look the way in the message window as I typed.
      The multiple spaces have collapsed.
      Anyway, is there anything horizontal shift like baseline shift to
      move the text in horizontal direction.

      Regards
      Narinder
      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "narinder_g <narinder_g@y...>"
      <narinder_g@y...> wrote:
      > hi
      > I am using XSL formatter 2.3 version. I have some inline equations
      > where you have to put subscript as well as a superscript.
      > If i put the subscript first then the superscript is shifted a
      little
      > on the left, or vice versa.
      >
      > I would like to have the subscript and the superscript both
      > close to the main text character.
      > like a
      >
      > what i am getting is a a
      > A or A