2364Re: [XSL-FO] Visible chapter index on the side of a book

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Nov 3, 2002
      Rolf Hustad wrote:

      > <fo:static-content flow-name="index-field">
      > <fo:block>
      > <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="index-flag"
      > retrieve-boundary="page"
      > retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
      > </fo:block>
      > </fo:static-content>

      I think you want retrieve-boundary="page-sequence", but I'm not sure
      without testing your example, which I'll do when I get a chance.

      > <xsl:template match="hoveddel/kapittel">
      >
      > <fo:block-container
      > height="1cm"
      > width="2.5cm"
      > left="2.5cm"
      > top="4cm"
      > position="absolute"
      > background-color="red"
      > text-align="start"
      > font-size="10pt"
      > font-family="Times Roman"
      > line-height="12pt">
      > <fo:marker
      > marker-class-name="index-flag">kapittel <xsl:value-of
      > select="@id"/>
      > </fo:marker>
      > </fo:block-container>

      You want to put the block-container inside the fo:marker--that is, the
      block container will be rendered in the static content. Also, you have
      to put a block inside a block-container--you can't go straight to text.

      Another note: XSL Formatter should render this correctly, but XEP
      currently has a limitation in its implementation of absolutely position
      block containers such that they are always positioned relative to the
      page reference area, not their containing reference area (which would be
      the region-end in this example). I don't know about FOP because I
      haven't been testing with it.

      Cheers,

      E.
      --