2356Re: [XSL-FO] Centering a block on the page

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Oct 31, 2002
      Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
      > W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
      >

      >>Ok, I think I have a solution that both implementations render in the
      >>same way:
      [...]
      > Very nice! But if you anyway restrict IPD to some known value, isn't the
      > following more simple:
      > <fo:flow>
      > <fo:block-container display-align="center" block-progression-dimension="100%">
      > <fo:block start-indent="33%" end-indent="33%">stuff</fo:block>
      > </fo:block-container>
      > </fo:flow>

      Yes, but what I wanted was a way to center stuff without disturbing the
      stuff being centered (that is, I wanted the centering bit to be
      transparent WRT to whatever the stuff being centered was otherwise
      doing, in case, setting the orientation and writing mode.

      Cheers,

      E.
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...