2346Re: [XSL-FO] Centering a block on the page

  • Oleg Tkachenko
    Oct 29, 2002
      W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
      > Is there a way to center a block on a page in both directions?
      >
      > By using a block-container with a block-container-dimension of 100% and
      > a display-align of center, I can center a contained block of text
      > vertically, but I can't figure out how to also center it
      > horizontally--clearly text-align only applies to inline areas w/in the
      > block.
      If you know block's inline-progression-dimension there is usual trick
      with start-indent:
      <fo:block start-indent="(100% - 100mm) div 2" end-indent="(100% - 100mm)
      div 2">foo bar</fo:block>
      But that's really only a trick.

      --
      Oleg Tkachenko