2149RE: [XSL-FO] line-height of a basic-link around an

  • bryan
    Aug 12, 2002
      >>However, the problem is real - I concur that in David Cramer's case,
      >>XEP's behaviour is far from intuitive. Maybe we should ask authors
      >>of the XSL spec?

      >I am interested to hear their response, as I am still of the mind there
      is
      >an interpretation that can allow for the entire graphic to be hot.

      It would also be in keeping with the type of links that most people
      would be familiar with, i.e hyperlinking in html.
      It would be compatible with simple XLink.

      I have a hard time seeing how it would be a useful feature that links
      behaved in this manner, unless it were for the purpose of defining
      hotspots for images, which could be achieved via other ways - although
      granted each one that I can think of would have an ugly hack feel to
      them.
      If anyone can think of how such behavior would be a useful feature
      please explain.

      At any rate given
      http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice1.html#section-N1044-Linking refers to
      html linking for formatting of a link, and XLink for the semantics of
      following a link, and given(if indeed you would give this) that the
      section above seems to be an abstract description of intended meaning of
      what linking is in XSL-FO then I think Ken is right here.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic