1991Re: Last page rendering

  • bart0409
    Jul 1, 2002

      I'm also struggling with the page-position="last" for an
      fo:conditional-page-master-reference (Works fine for "first").

      I was wondering if anyone ever got it to work the way it's meant to,
      that is generating a different layout for your last page!

      Could it be related to the fact that the FO processor doesn't know if
      he's generating the last page??

      Bart.

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Ciprian Stoica" <ciprian.stoica@m...> wrote:

      > Hello all
      >
      > Willem, I'm not quite sure what you mean...
      > The only page-sequence I use is this <fo:page-sequence
      > master-name="sequence">
      > And as I said before, "sequence" is defined like this:
      >
      > <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="sequence">
      > <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-
      name="first"
      > page-position="first"/>
      > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-
      name="rest"
      > page-position="rest"/> (l1)
      > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-
      name="last"
      > page-position="last"/> (l2)
      > </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      > </fo:page-sequence-master>
      >
      > Erwin, I put l1 line after l2 line as you said but the result was
      that all
      > the pages were rendered as "last" page this time, except for the
      first.

      > Geoffrey, I don't use RenderX but Fop 0.20.1
      >
      > Actually, in my document only the first page and the last one must
      contain a
      > footer. That's why I need to know which is the last page.
      > This is how the layout-master looks :
      >
      > <fo:layout-master-set>
      > <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first">
      > <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-
      bottom="1.5cm"/>
      > <fo:region-after region-name="footer" extent="1.5cm"/>
      > </fo:simple-page-master>
      > <fo:simple-page-master master-name="rest">
      > <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm"/>
      > </fo:simple-page-master>
      > <fo:simple-page-master master-name="last">
      > <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-
      bottom="1.5cm"/>
      > <fo:region-after region-name="footer" extent="1.5cm"/>
      > </fo:simple-page-master>
      >
      > <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="sequence">
      > <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-
      name="first"
      > page-position="first"/>
      > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-
      name="rest"
      > page-position="rest"/>
      > <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-
      name="last"
      > page-position="last"/>
      > </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      > </fo:page-sequence-master>
      > </fo:layout-master-set>
      >
      > <fo:page-sequence master-name="sequence">
      > </fo:page-sequence>
      >
      > Now, if is not possible to find the last page, maybe you have
      another
      > solution for displaying the footer only in the first and in the
      last page.

      > Thanks again..
      >
      > Cipris
      > www.memiq.com