176Re: [XSL-FO] books on fo

  • John E. Simpson
    Feb 2, 2001
      At 02:36 PM 02/02/2001 +0000, Rabi Shanker wrote:
      > could anyone suggest some good books on fo.

      Well, my own "Just XSL" (half on XSLT, half on XSL-FO) unfortunately won't
      be out for a few months, otherwise I'd recommend it. :) In the meantime, I
      think I'd recommend Elliotte Rusty Harold's XML Bible, Chapter 15 of which
      is on XSL-FO. (There's an updated version of the chapter on his Cafe Con
      Leche Web site, at http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible/updates/15.html.)
      His and Scott Means's "XML in a Nutshell," from O'Reilly, has just recently
      been released, and its Chapter 13 is about XSL-FO. I haven't seen it yet
      but (considering the sources and the publisher) it's very likely to be
      excellent.

      There was also a recent two-part introductory tutorial series on XSL-FO on
      XML.com, starting at:
      http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/01/17/xsl-fo/index.html

      John E. Simpson | "Is it weird in here, or is it just
      http://www.flixml.org | me?" -- Steven Wright
      XML Q&A: www.xml.com |
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic