      From: LEvensen@... [mailto:LEvensen@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 11:17 AM
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [XSL-FO] span multiple columns?

      the W3C XSL specification refers to cells spanning, to quote:

      For an fo:table-column the "n-columns-spanned" property specifies the number
      of columns spanned by table-cells that are to inherit their column
      characteristics from this fo:table-column formatting object.

      This says to me, characteristics of cells may span columns, but I don't know
      if the blocks or children of cells also span columns.