      From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@...]
      Sent: 3. december 2001 14:36
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] Re:Would anyone find a Word to XSL-FO converter
      useful?

      On Monday 03 December 2001 14:29, Ed Howland wrote:
      > Is it possible to import the word document into StarOffice, save that
      using
      > SO's native XML file format and use an XSLT stylesheet to transform it
      into
      > FO?

      SO's native XML format is open and documented (actually it's a ZIP archive
      containing XML and other formats), so this is doable.

      Another option is to save as RTF and use an RTF-to-XML converter (upCast,
      logitran, majix, probably others).

      --
      -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
      -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++