1148Re:Would anyone find a Word to XSL-FO converter useful?

  • Ed Howland
    Dec 3, 2001
      We would find this useful if it supported WYSIWYG table creation. Also, at
      least importing graphics from external files would be useful.

      There is a similar project at:
      WH2FO:
      http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/fabgia/wh2fo/wh2fo.html

      It takes word formatted HTML and translates it to FO. But I couldn't get it to
      work for my tables project.

      Is it possible to import the word document into StarOffice, save that using
      SO's native XML file format and use an XSLT stylesheet to transform it into FO?

      Ed

      --- XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There are 5 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: Using Cocoon
      > From: "Olivier Collioud" <olivier.collioud@...>
      > 2. .mif transformations working?
      > From: peter.drivas@...
      > 3. RE: .mif transformations working?
      > From: "Anders Svensson" <asn@...>
      > 4. Would anyone find a Word to XSL-FO converter useful?
      > From: shweenus@...
      > 5. RE: Would anyone find a Word to XSL-FO converter useful?
      > From: "Joel Schonbrunn" <joel@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:04:11 +0100
      > From: "Olivier Collioud" <olivier.collioud@...>
      > Subject: Re: Using Cocoon
      >

      > For production you'd better use Cocoon 2.0 amd Tomcat 4.0.

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:31:40 -0000
      > From: peter.drivas@...
      > Subject: .mif transformations working?
      >
      > Has anyone tried to convert to .mif format with FOP-0.20.2? Does it
      > work? I attempted to convert simple.fo from the /docs/examples/fo
      > directory and got:
      >
      > fop simple.fo -mif simple.mif
      > [INFO]: FOP 0.20.2
      > [INFO]: building formatting object tree
      > [INFO]: rendering areas to MIF
      > [INFO]: [1]
      > [ERROR]: null
      >
      > All other formats work fine. Please let me know if this should be
      > working.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Peter

      > Message: 3
      > Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:30:20 +0100
      > From: "Anders Svensson" <asn@...>
      > Subject: RE: .mif transformations working?
      >
      > I know that it works, because I played around with it once and got it
      > working enough to create a mif file with contents. But I don't know how
      > well it works, because I never went on to try to do any serious
      > formatting etc.
      >
      > /Anders Svensson

      === message truncated ===

      http://shopping.yahoo.com