How to implement the getCategories() method for Meta Weblog API.

  • dotnetjunky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi,

      The Meta Weblog API states that getCategories() must return a struct
      which contains a sub-struct for each category. The following piece of
      codes which I write doesn't seem to work with Live Writer, i.e. Live
      Writer doesn't display any category.

      public struct Category

      {

      [XmlRpcMember("description")]

      public string Description;

      [XmlRpcMember("htmlUrl")]

      public string HtmlUrl;

      [XmlRpcMember("rssUrl")]

      public string RssUrl;

      }

      public XmlRpcStruct GetCategories(string blogid, string username, string
      password)

      {

      Category cat = new Category();

      cat.Description = "General";

      cat.HtmlUrl = "http://localhost:8080/";

      cat.RssUrl = "http://localhost:8080/rss.html
      <http://localhost:8080/rss.html> ";

      XmlRpcStruct res = new XmlRpcStruct();

      res.Add("General", cat);

      return res;

      }

      Can anybody here show me what I did wrong with the above piece of codes?