Re: dateTime error ?

  • charlescookuk
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 13, 2004
      You could try something along these lines in
      XmlRpcSerializer.ParseDateTime:

      DateTime dt;
      try
      {
      dt = DateTime.ParseExact(s, "yyyyMMddThh:mm:ss",
      CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
      }
      catch (System.FormatException ex)
      {
      // workaround for TypePad
      dt = DateTime.ParseExact(s, "yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ",

    • countzero@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 13, 2004
        Thanks for the suggestion.

        I am getting a Cryptographic failure during the build though. It can't
        find the 'CookComputing.key' file to do the signing of the assembly.

        I am using the latest version from your site, 0.8.1.

      • charlescook@ukonline.co.uk
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 13, 2004
          From the FAQ:

          6.3 Why is the key file not included in the distribution?
          Building XML-RPC.NET from the distribution will fail because of a missing file
          called CookComputing.key. This contains the public/private key pair used to
          sign the CookComputing.XmlRpc.dll assembly with a strong name. The file is not
          distributed because this would enable anyone else to build a malicious version
          of the assembly and pass it off as originating from Cook Computing.

          To generate your own key file using the sn.exe tool as follows:

          sn -k mykeyfile.snk
          and modify the relevant line in assemblyinfo.cs:

          [assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("mykeyfile.snk")]

          Alternatively, comment out this line if you do not need to sign your assembly
          with a strong name.

          Quoting countzero@...:

        • countzero@yahoo.co.uk
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 13, 2004
            Opps, should have re-read FAQ... my bad :)